Sunday, April 6, 2008

written for my mother...

Sorrow More

I dreamt I saw you on Islands Shore.

Sitting there in sorrow more.

In seeming great agony sure,

I beg you, I deplore, smile just for,

All those sailed beyond

My love of dreams shall not be gone.

Your eyes as dark as midnight hour.

Your skin as white as bone.

Your lips and cheeks rosy red.

You change with every word said.

I watch you tip your pretty head.

Which is the scene, I truly feel

Those tears of joy you shed and deal.

Beloved is my life to you, may the cape

Not take me, as I sail through.

I dreamt I charmed you, with each word said.

I watched you tip your pretty head.

I close my eyes, I am dead.

I dreamt I saw you on Islands Shore.

Sitting there in “Sorrow More.”

All Rights Protected Harper 08/15/96

1 comment:

pissedoffpothead.com said...

Daisy: I can see where your creativity has come from. Kevin