Wednesday, April 16, 2008

love letter...

To My Dearest Freya: March 23, 2005

Well it was never the ingrediance, it was always the ingredient. I’d give anything to walk through that back door and have some bacon and eggs with toast. A big cup of coffee with sugar and real cream. For dessert a big old slice of lemon pie.

I was a man from the eastern shore of marys land.

I fathered five children by two women.

This was the greatest thing I ever did.

The town that I came from,

as far as America goes,

Was so old, there was a sign that read dirt made here.

I was raised on a farm, and I took care of the animals,

they liked me, I think I was young and innocent,

and they knew I wouldn’t hurt them.

I have done many things,

and have been responsible for many deeds,

Not all good,

but in my heart I wanted it to be right.

I learned to live the old way,

and I learned how to be quiet and be happy with whom I was.

What I had and needed, no more.

People do not understand me,

and they never have.

I just smile when I hear people talk.

“he who saves one life, saves the whole world”

No comments: