Friday, May 9, 2008

when the veil is lifted...


Freya,

Well I’ve got my mail sent; I’m waiting for an envelope from the canteen to send yours off. So we made it to Texas, the biggest deal was the long bus ride in cuffs and leg restraints. I could barely stand up on the bus let alone pee that way. I’m sure you can guess, kind of humorous of course.

Nevada turned out real bad.

They say what happens in Vegas can stay in Vegas, well that’s what I want for sure, and they can have that stinking shit.

“Beyond the veil, when its lifted there’ll be Pasty, Mary and Blondie they’ll be looking at me rolling their big old eyes, and smiling. They’ll know it’s me and we’ll be happy to see one another. Ernest he’ll be shoveling corn into the elevator and loading the truck for the mill, I’ll be standing around, thinking I’m James Dean, Marlon Brando and Robert Mitchum all rolled in one. There are ham sandwiches for lunch with potato chips and ice tea, and there won’t be a soul around to do me any harm or want to hurt my feelings.
The old folks will be sitting by the fire, waiting for me to visit them. My old dog will stand up and stretch, and wag his tail at me, and lay back down with a grunt, I’ll go out by the Red Cedar Tree and smoke a chesterfield I know I aint suppose to do it, but I do anyway. Day will turn to night I’ll go to bed and sleep and dream of tomorrow.”

It’s certainly grand to live inside my head, to bad there is only room for one. It took me along time to realize how no one really feels how I do, I’m really a lucky guy, real lucky.Oh everybody listens because I tell a half way decent tale, but no-one really knows. I’ve told that story to people about you thinking something was wrong with your feet when your grandmother told you, you had the Delisser foot. I’ve always smiled at that, most everyone I tell smiles too. I wrote a short essay on you and you sister, and that “winters walk” you took when you over heard your friends parents talking about you. I’ve kept that story to myself for along time. I often think of it though.

Well today I’ll be getting my little stamp and envelope, so you’ll be getting this soon. I have a single cell; with my own shower I’ll tell ya it is grand. It’s okay if they forget I’m down here as far as I’m concerned. So it’s pretty much official there are more convicts from Wyoming out of the state then in the state. What the fuck? Hell there is even a 100 Wyoming girls here, but we are not allowed to get at each other. But we can see each other in the passing; there is a lot of showing of tits, naturally. I’m old but I’m not dead yet. Might as well be though, don’t have a family to take care of and no kitchen to fool around in, hell that’s no fun.

You can’t really direct any of the younger men here, about how they express their selves, the language they use, the impression they make etc. I never knew how many people in America really have no education. I guess I’m probably just as dumb but jesus, Freya.

I’ve drifted over to abstract cubism and abstract impressionism. It seems pretty natural for me and I love doing it. After a piece is complete I contemplate it and I observe things I did not see while in the commission of creating it. There is so much to it; well it’s just something for me that’s all.
I’ve became pretty good buddies with Ashley by mail she is much like daisy in how she sees things her art is impressionistic and slightly unique. She struggles with the split race thing, I think her boyfriend is ok he’s a black kid. She just wants to graduate and get on with life. Lisa tells me that since Ashley has been in communication with me she’s became more understanding around her family group. It could be maybe it’s just that she’s growing up. Well give my address to one of the three.
Love, Dale

No comments: