Saturday, May 17, 2008

may the circle be unbroken

To my Dearest Daisy:
Well I’m dropping you a line to see how you are doing, fine I hope. Well I turned 59, I’ll be lucky to make it to 60 if things don’t go right. I’m not sure how it’s all going to end. But you know me, I’m prepared for the worst, I don’t want you to be surprised, you see.

They say if the Wyo. Prison system to do right they can treat me and I’ll be ok for some time to come, its most likely going to take some lawyer threatening to get them to do anything right, mean while I’m going down hill, we’ll see I guess.

You three girls have always been my light since day one, I was real lucky that we spent all the time we did when we were younger, I do know it meant a lot to me.

I think that you have done real well with your life, you are a wonderful person. Much different then most, I’m proud to know you and glad to be your father.

You know having Jay & Lisa come to me this late in the game, could mean many things it makes me wonder, “May the circle be unbroken.”

I love you very, very, much. Love Always, Your Dad

4 comments:

~:*:*:Sparrow:*:*:~ said...

Dear Mr. Harper:

Happy Belated Birthday. My mom is 59 next year.

I am writing to let you know that Daisy is beautiful and compassionate and loved.

I am beginning to see things didn't go quite right, but I also see that you are alive and well... here.

The system seems to have failed you, sir. It's still happening, but there are so many people who are working very hard to make sure it never happens again to another human being...

Mr. Harper, I don't know about the other two girls, but I know Daisy loves you very much and I'm so thankful she shares her love for you with others... because that love is still touching lives.

She loves her father.

“May the circle be unbroken.” Indeed... and that circle is bigger than any of us and all of us.

You are loved, Mr. Harper... and Daisy, you are loved.

Know this.

Shelleigh

ghost writer said...

Thanks so much it means a lot to me. I f you don't mind I would like to add this to the book too.

sparrow said...

You may do whatever you wish.

~:*:*<3*:*~

Anonymous said...

Oh, Daisy. Oh, my darling pixie.
My heart is about to burst!!!