Wednesday, May 28, 2008

April,13th 2000


To my dearest Freya:



Well I hope you receive this in time to celebrate our day. I thought you would surely have written to me by now, that’s what I get for thinking.



I’m sending some pics I cut out of the Smithsonian book.

The one is of Amelia Arhardt “courage” then there are some sketches of Zelda and F. Scott one drawing entitled Maines rocky coast then one of a moniteth from Ireland.



I thought of you when I saw this one of Amelia I’m sending my courage and hers to you on this day.



I hope you like this card; it made me think of us so long ago, as if it was only yesterday.



I have a whole bunch of these pics. As soon as the next month rolls around I’ll send some real good ones, I didn’t rip the book completely up, but I did indeed get the ones I wanted you to have. You’ll see the ones I especially like. There are some Jackson polluck, Picasso, there’s a repo of an oil of Tallulah Bankhead and on the other side is a photo of Walt Whitman at age 82 Tallulah was from Maryland.



Well I hope this winter has found you all of a healthy and happy one as you near spring.



I’ll be thinking of you on the 13th day of April happy anniversary Freya.



I love you very much.

Love Always, Dale H.



Inside the card:



04-13-00



I’ve known of you for 27 years. I’ve always loved you from the first time I laid eyes on you. I’ll be with you on this day and I’ll always be with you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poignant...and heartbreaking. Lovely.

~:*:*:Sparrow:*:*:~ said...

Courage.

Wood Song taught me something that I cannot explain, but it sounds something like... *fragmented just now, me*... courage is putting it all out there without the fear of then or now... just "being" exactly where you are.

Like you do.
Like your dad did.

Like so many people do.

Taking a risk with your pearls is far braver than laying down.

To be eaten by swine.


You have many pearls.

LOVE.

ghost writer said...

you two are my biggest fans it's truly an honor to share the story with you. oxox thanks so much