Monday, July 12, 2010

A Son's Birthday Card

My Dearest Freya May 2004
Well let’s cut to the chase. To answer your question, like why could you or anyone else want to re-write a perfect ending? Yes we will live happily ever after. Maybe really tell me what is on your mind? You haven’t forgotten that I’m your friend have you? So about three or four weeks ago the case-worker calls me, and to his office and says to you know about Jay Harper and thought to myself something’s gone wrong! He wants to come to see me, can you believe it? He’ll be in Vegas, next week. He wants to see you and then he says come to find out all he wants is to have his father, in his life and his family’s lives. He’s really something else. Jesus, he’s got his right shoulder covered with tattoos, his real nice portrait of his five kids, than he has names down him, he’s got them in oriental words for like truth family ect. Some stuff has on his back and he’s getting more marks of my initials. He also plays the guitar and writes poems and songs. It’s uncanny Freya; he doesn’t hold anything against me about anything gone by. Maybe we can all take a page from his book. My mother has fucked herself with just like she has with all my family members. He is a good man he is caring and helpful and I know it’s because of what he missed as a boy, he doesn’t want to see anyone else suffer.
He has a good heart, it just blows me away. He is my son which makes me Ward’s son. I really did get my answer after all this time I see why my mother hates me. It’s because I’m a Ward. Jay wanted to know about ward and his family. Not until this April did he even know when my birthday was. My mother and Linda don’t get along either come to find out. Jay says his mother has never really talked to me down too bad, she didn’t make that mistake. He told me that Tony Basel was really good to him and in many ways he’s a lot like Tony. I always told you about Tony he had an effect on me and most important he gave me my trade. Jay says his mom is real hard headed not that that’s a bad thing. I don’t think I’d have it any other way. I’ve got a lot to give to you, Freya. You have always been a real good mom to the girls and a good wife, and I probably held you back some that I never meant to do. you got your little restaurant and your children are around you. We should be together and we will be again. You must believe that, you must have faith and hope. It’s funny Jay came back to me and how things come around he believes in fate, he’s coming back within the year and he’s bringing his wife Rhonda to meet me. He just told the children about me and it was a funny thing all he really wanted was a birthday card from me on his birthday, I sent him one this year. That was all it took for Son to say all the things he wanted to say to his father. I’ve been reserved with him and have spoke to him about all the relatives as far back as I could remember. I just tried to stick to the facts of life and told you all about my crazy life too much drugs and guns etc. None of it phases him he told me that his godfather Johnny was real good with him I was right to pick john to be his godfather. What is daisy doing? I haven’t heard from her for a while and told jay to get a hold of her, but not sure she’s even there .you mean everything to me, Freya you’ve got to take time to talk to me. You need to tell me just what to expect from you .when the parole board wants to know where I’m to go and who’s going to be there, and what’s going on is getting closer every day. I hope you don’t let me down, but I don’t want you to do something, you can’t live with either, you understand. I’m not afraid, I’m not smart enough to be afraid ,and in my heart I do know what you feel and think but the parole board cannot read your mind, I truly hope you haven’t been involved in any manner with the that bounty hunter, and hope that your father is not against me. They say it will be the way it’s supposed to be jay even likes horse racing. Things they sure are odd aren’t they well I do hope you read this with an understanding heart and open mind. You know you mean the world to me you are my finest work. I don’t want anything but good for you ,I still remember the menu that we made, a for the Harper House and remember these things in those times of great love, and feelings to be shared the look on your face, and the love and ~
I Love You Always, Dale Harper

No comments: